Here are some HVAC Energy Saving Tips from PG&E. For even more tips, check out this Energy Saving Tips page on their website.
- Turn off equipment when not in use
- Set thermostats at 78 degrees Fahrenheit for cooling in the summer and 68 degrees Fahrenheit for heating in the winter.
- Close curtains, shades and blinds at night, during unoccupied periods of the day and on weekends to maintain comfortable room temperatures and lower heating and cooling costs.
- Regularly clean and perform maintenance on AC and HVAC unites, cleaning condenser coils, replacing air filters and checking ducts and pipe insulation for damage.
- Install motion detectors to control lighting in frequently unoccupied areas, such as restrooms.
- Add weather stripping, caulking or foam around windows and doors to reduce drafts.
- Adjust foor latches, replace worn door gaskets, install auto-closers and add strip curtains to walk-in refrigerator and freezor doors.
- When purchasing desktop computers, monitors, printers fax machines and copiers, consider ENERGY STAR models that hibernate after periods of inactivity.
Here’s a chart showing peak times during summer and winter times.
At Peck Heating & Air Conditioning, we’ve been serving the Greater Sacramento area since 1977 and look forward to helping you with your air conditioning and heating needs. We’re pleased to serve both residential and commercial customers; each of our experts is prepared to help you with sales, service and installation of the comfort system that is ideal for your home or business.
Call us at (916) 409-0768 for a quote!